This beautiful hive is not just a practical way to house bees, it will become a living piece of art that would make an incredible feature in any outdoor setting.
Thanks to the help of a talented local carpenter, this hive design is now available in Australia. It is hand crafted in the small town of Eskdale, Victoria.
The hexagon hive encourages the use of natural bee-centric principles.
PROS and features of a hexagon hive
– recycled quality hardwood
– small frames means no heavy lifting, they contain no wire or foundation which means that no extracting equipment is needed honey harvest. When it is appropriate to harvest, simply take a knife and cut the honey comb out into a small bucket, you may either hand press, strain or enjoy blocks of raw honeycomb whole.
– This design allows for a small amount of free stlye architecture for the bees on the side edges of the hive. Bees by nature do not design in straight lines, so here we leave some space for them to have creative freedom. This this in mind, this (freestyle area) is a small enough that the comb and be thoroughly accessed to checked for pests and disease.
– 2 x insulated viewing windows with handles
– 2 x small front side openings in different locations similar (wild hives usually have small entrances in multiple locations)
– 1 x queen excluder (optional) featuring hardwood frame with rare earth magnets for easy lock in placement
– Top box easily locks into place with magnets, slide release
Please allow 1 month from the time you place your order until time of completion. Daves first batch is limited to just 5 hives.
Cost is $800 (when you purchase on my website it will automatically add $10 postage, which I can not remove)
Postage prices are separate. This hive can be shipped anywhere in Australia. This will be worked out and additionally charged after purchase. If you live in the region or fancy a road trip you may come and collect direct to avoid the postage cost.